Saturday, June 4, 2022

A Peek Into the Last Few Weeks and more...

Kierstyn has been loving her swimming lessons! It's so fun to see her gaining so much confidence in the water! This boy brings us so much joy! I ended up having an unexpected overnight stay at the hospital a few weeks ago. I'm so grateful that I was ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 
Multi-colored divider
Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.
Multicolored divider

A Peek Into the Last Few Weeks

Kierstyn has been loving her swimming lessons!

It’s so fun to see her gaining so much confidence in the water!

This boy brings us so much joy!

I ended up having an unexpected overnight stay at the hospital a few weeks ago. I’m so grateful that I was able to be released without needing an emergency c-section.

When I got home from the hospital, I was motivated to finish out some of the to do’s on my long list of things I wanted to get done before the baby comes — including cleaning out this closet where I’d basically just dumped a bunch of baby things + other random things the past two years.

It was so good to have it cleaned out organized and to have gone through the baby things!

We’ve been watching Champ more these days while his mom works. Jesse and I took a long walk with Silas and the three littles and Silas rode in the Wonderfold wagon with the littles (it can hold up to 300 pounds!)

They’ve been loving the water table!

I washed my hair and came out to discover she had somehow found a sharpie and worked on a masterpiece. 😉

These two love “helping” with the dishes.

Her face so clearly expresses how much she loves him!

I came home from being at therapy with D and these two ran to me and were so excited to see me. I look at this picture and my heart feels like it just might burst… to think of how we were told we’d never have more children. And here I stand 9 months pregnant, holding a precious boy we are in the process of adopting and surrounded by two little ones — one who I birthed and one who we got the privilege to foster for 8 months and now get the privilege to love and babysit for regularly,

My sweet friend, Kate, took me out to brunch last week to celebrate our soon-to-be-born babe.

Two of my sisters came to visit last weekend and we got to meet my sister’s new little baby girl. Kierstyn was enthralled!

D was very interested in the baby and it was so fun to watch him be so gentle with her!

Silas flew FL with one of his friends and their family this past week.

Our good friend, Isabel, graduated last week.

Kathrynne practicing for next year. 🙂

My oldest and my youngest.

Kierstyn has a very special relationship with Isabel and is going to miss her so much (as we all will) when she heads off to college in the fall.

We went to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana a few days ago. We brought our good friend, Will, with us.

Kierstyn loved getting to watch all of the rides!

They have a waterpark area and Kierstyn loved getting in the little wading pool.

At the end of the day — a little sunburned and tired from walking 15k steps, but it was such a fun day full of memories and laughter and great conversation!

Silas living his best life in FL.

We took the three littles to the park and D loved this swing.

Kierstyn and C just wanted to try to climb up all the slides!

I can’t believe it’s just about two more weeks until my induction! We are so grateful that despite many different complications this pregnancy, I’ve made it this far and baby continues to be very healthy each week and passing all the tests. We are getting excited to meet this little one and I’m thankful that the days continue to pass by quickly!

   
 

Brigette’s $94 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan for 6

My older sister, Brigette, shares her shopping trips and menu plans every week! You can go HERE to see all of her weekly menu plans and you can go HERE to read all about her family!

Aldi

1 gallon Whole Milk – $2.66

2 64-oz cartons Almond Milk – $3.50

1 3-lb bag Lemons – $2.49

6 bags frozen Broccoli Florets – $5.70

1 bag Romaine – $2.59

1 Pineapple (given to us by a friend)

1 large jar Applesauce – $2.29

1 bag Spinach – $1.29

4 cans Green Beans – $2.16

1 32-oz carton Plain Greek Yogurt – $3.29

2 16-oz cartons Cottage Cheese (given to us by a friend)

3 single-serving cartons – $2.37

2 loaves Sandwich Bread – $1.00

1 pkg Hamburger Buns – $0.58

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns – $0.58

1 pkg Tortillas – $1.29

1 can Parmesan Cheese – $2.29

6 8-oz blocks Cheese – $8.34

1 8-oz pkg Deli Sliced Cheese – $1.27

1 16-oz pkg Kraft American Cheese – $3.12

2 16-oz bags Shredded Cheese – $5.18

1 family-size box Cinnamon Crunch Squares – $2.75

1 box Rice Squares – $1.85

1 box Crunchy Granola Raisin Bran – $2.29

2 boxes Crispy Rice – $2.78

1 box Golden Rounds – $2.15

1 16-oz Deli Meat – $2.99

1 box Clubhouse Crackers – $2.49

1 16-oz box Rotini Pasta – $0.77

1 pkg Taco Seasoning – $0.38

2 pkgs Marshmallows – $1.70

2 pkgs Keebler Cookies (given to us by a friend)

Total: $72.14

Lidl

2 3-ct pkgs Multi-Colored Peppers – $5.98

2 16-oz boxes Pasta Shells – $1.82

1 pkg Mini Cucumbers – $1.19

1 pkg Baby Bella Mushrooms – $1.49

1 4-ct pkg Avocados – $2.99

1 carton Grape Tomatoes – $1.19

2 boxes frozen Waffles – $1.98

2 bags Tortilla Chips – $1.98

Total: $18.62

CVS

4 boxes Frosted Flakes – $7.96, used 2 $1.00/2 printable, plus receive $2.00/4 from Ibotta – $3.96/4 boxes after coupons and rebates

Total: $3.96

Grocery Total for the Week: $94.72

Weekly Menu Plan

Breakfast

Cereal, Oatmeal, Cottage Cheese, Fruit, Yogurt, Toast, Eggs

Lunches

Deli Meat/Cheese Sandwiches, Chips, Pineapple, Peppers x 2

Leftovers x 3

Crackers and Peanut Butter, Cucumbers, Apples x 2

Dinners

Leftovers from Memorial Day Cookout with Friends

Waffles, Venison Sausage Patties, Broccoli

Build-Your-Own-Burrito (Seasoned Ground Venison, Shredded Cheese, Shredded Lettuce, Salsa, Tortillas), Chips, Rice

Potluck with Friends (I’m bringing a huge crockpot of Macaroni and Cheese, Steamed Broccoli and a double batch of Rice Krispy Treats)

Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes, Green Beans, Buttered Buns

Lazy Lasagna Casserole, Applesauce, Broccoli

Cheese Pizza, Tossed Salad, Green Beans

   
 

Sign up for my free 5 Days to a Better Morning Challenge!

Need help setting up and staying on track with a good routine each day? Sign up for this free challenge that will give you accountability with your goals!

Psst! Need some help setting up a better daily routine this summer? Sign up for this free challenge!

If you want some accountability with your intentions and goals over the summer, be sure to sign up for this completely FREE 5 Days to a Better Morning Challenge.

I designed this to give you a sort of shot in the arm to help you thrive in 2022!

When you sign up for this challenge, I’ll send you a short email every morning with a short motivational message and video from me plus a simple, practical strategy for you to implement immediately.

Plus, you’ll also get access to an exclusive Facebook Group (this is optional; I know not everyone is on Facebook!) so you can engage with others who are going through this mini course and we can all keep each other accountable to follow through with our daily projects.

>>Yes, I’m in! I want to take the 5 Days to a Better Morning Challenge.<<

I can’t wait to cheer you on in this process! Here’s to starting off the summer strong!

   
 
Multicolored Divider