Monday, May 18, 2020

A Peek Into Our Week: Baby updates, a visit from my sisters, and the Blue Angels

Kierstyn is 3 weeks old now — and she had a pretty big week! Not only did Kierstyn gain enough weight to pass her weight check at the pediatrician (and no longer have to keep going back for weight checks!), but she also got to meet two of her aunts ...
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ 

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

money-making-mom-300x250

A Peek Into Our Week: Baby updates, a visit from my sisters, and the Blue Angels

Kierstyn is 3 weeks old now — and she had a pretty big week!

Not only did Kierstyn gain enough weight to pass her weight check at the pediatrician (and no longer have to keep going back for weight checks!), but she also got to meet two of her aunts (one of my sisters lives in TN and one lives in SC, so they met up and drove together to stay at our house this weekend).

Jesse took the kids to see the Blue Angels fly over Nashville.

“You are amazing! I don’t know how you do it!”

I’ve heard this over and over from people in the last 9 weeks as we said yes to fostering precious Champ right before we had sweet Kierstyn.

Here’s the thing you need to know: I’m not superwoman; but I serve a super God.

We prayed so much and talked at length as a family before we said yes to fostering Champ. And God gave us so much peace. We didn’t know how it was all going to work out, but we knew God was calling us to it and He never calls you to something that He will not also equip you for and carry you through.

That doesn’t mean it will be easy. Often God’s callings involve a lot of stretching and hard things. But God promises to be faithful through it.

I look back over the last 9 weeks and am so grateful we said yes to Champ. He has been such a gift to our home and brought so much joy. It has been an honor to care for him on behalf of his mom. And we have loved having two babies! (swipe to hear the baby noises that fill our home!)

No, it hasn’t been easy, but it has been good. And we’ve seen God be so faithful again and again and again!

If God is calling you to say yes to something, can I just encourage you to step out in faith and obedience? Even if it seems impossible and scary, saying yes might be the gateway to some of the greatest blessings in your life!

As I’ve watched this man lavishly love these two, I’ve thought a lot about my Heavenly Father’s love for me.

I don’t have to do anything to earn His love. He loves me for exactly who I am.

I can be fully and totally secure in His love. My actions (or lack of actions) do not dictate His level of love for me.

He pulls me in close. His whispers His love over me. And He says, “No matter what, I’m here. I love you. I’m not going anywhere.”

I don’t have to worry if I’m enough, if I’m too much, or if I’m approved by others. Instead, I can rest securely in God’s never failing, never changing, never stopping love for me and live in confidence knowing I am wholeheartedly and fully known, chosen, wanted, and loved by the God of the Universe.