Monday, February 10, 2020

My 9 Goals For This Week and more...

(All dressed up for Silent Disco Night at camp!) I could look at last week's goals list and be discouraged at how little it feels like I crossed off. But then, I look at all that actually happened last week and I can remember that maybe it doesn't look ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

My 9 Goals For This Week

(All dressed up for Silent Disco Night at camp!)

I could look at last week’s goals list and be discouraged at how little it feels like I crossed off. But then, I look at all that actually happened last week and I can remember that maybe it doesn’t look like I got a lot done, but I focused on people versus projects and being present versus being productive… and I realize that it was a really good week.

Last week’s goals:

Personal Goals

1. Get in 54,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.) 

2. Finish reading The Path Between Us and Counterfeit Gods. Listen to The Atomic City Girls. (I decided to stop listening to this book because it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. More details on that on my book review post this week.)

Home/Family Goals

3. Read 40 more pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family. (I only ended up reading aloud once and we made it through 10 pages. Hey, that’s something, right?)

Work/Blog Goals

4. Finish editing chapters 1-3 and finish the rough draft of chapter 4 of my manuscript.(I only got a chance to work on the book a few times last week between my friend’s funeral and being out of town helping at Youth Group camp all weekend. Here’s to hoping I make more progress this week!)

5. Run a book giveaway on Instagram with some books I’ve already read.

Word of the Year Goals

6. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family. (We watched Treasure Island. Review coming later this week!)

We have what looks to be a calmer week this week. We are actually home three evenings out of seven — I can’t remember the last time that has happened! And we don’t have any big things happening this week… well, anything that I know of yet! 🙂 So I’m planning 9 goals and we’ll see how it goes!

2020: Week 6 — Goals

Personal Goals

1. Get in 54,000 steps total. (I use the FitBit Ulta HR to track my steps every day.) 

2. Finish reading Counterfeit Gods. Listen to Eat That Frog! and Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids.

3. Go to bed by 10:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Home/Family Goals

4. Read 30 more pages of Carry a Big Stick aloud as a family.

5. Research strollers, baby carriers, and car seats. Decide what we’re going to purchase.

6. Complete 4-hour Foster Care Training.

Work/Blog Goals

7. Finish editing chapters 1-3 and finish the rough draft of chapter 4 of my manuscript.

Word of the Year Goals

8. Pop popcorn and watch another classic movie as a family.

9. Go to a movie with Jesse.

What are YOUR goals for this week? How did you do on last week’s goals? Tell us in the comments!

    
 

Gretchen’s $77 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

Aldi

1 loaf Bread – $.0.95

1 pkg Hot Dog Buns – $0.85

1 bag Spinach – $1.39

1 pkg Hot Dogs – $0.79

1 bag Frozen Chicken Breasts – $5.85

2 bags Shredded Cheese – $2.75 each

1 can Pineapple Chunks – $0.95

1 gallon Milk – $2.15

1 pkg Fruit & Grain Bars – $1.35

1 pkg Flour – $1.15

1 pkg Flour Tortillas – $1.25

1 pkg White Tortilla Chips – $0.89

1 pkg Chicken Drumsticks – $4.83

1 lb Oven Roasted Turkey Breast – $3.99

1 pint Blueberries – $1.29

1 dozen Eggs – $0.98

1 Grape Jelly – $1.29

1 can Black Beans – $0.48

1 Half & Half – $1.55

1 Frozen Peas – $0.79

1 pkg Tilapia Fillets – $3.79

Roma Tomatoes – $0.86

1 Deli Cheese Pizza – $4.99 (not pictured)

Total: $46.45

Kroger

4 Post Cereals – $0.99 each after digital coupon

1 Zone Kidz Bars – Marked down to $2.57, used $0.20/1 Ibotta rebate – $2.37 after rebate

1 Core Water – $1, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

4 Danimals/Go-Gurt Yogurt Packs – $1.99 each after digital coupon

2 Kroger Mac & Cheese – $0.50 each

3 Ronzoni Pasta – $0.49 each after digital coupon

1 Kroger Peanut Butter – $0.99 after digital coupon

2 pkg Strawberries – $1.67 each

1 bag Apples – Marked down to $0.99

1 Green Leaf Lettuce – $1.69

1 bunch Bananas – $1.87

1 jar Pickles – $1.99

4 cans Chicken of the Sea Tuna – $0.50 each after digital coupon

1 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks – $0.99 after digital coupon

1 lb Jimmy Dean Sausage – $1.99 after digital coupon

Used $0.25/1 Ibotta rebate for any receipt

Total after coupons and rebates: $31.36

Total for both stores: $77.81

Menu Plan for This Week

Breakfasts

Cereal, Eggs, Toast, Yogurt, Cinnamon Rolls

Lunches

Turkey Sandwiches, Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Salad Bar, Mac & Cheese, Fruit/Crackers/Cheese/Veggies, Leftovers

Dinners

Deli Pizza from Aldi, Popcorn, Apples

Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Steamed Broccoli

Homemade Chipotle Bowls, Chips

Grilled Tilapia and Chicken, Biscuits, Mashed Potatoes

Lasagna Casserole, Steamed Peas, Tossed Salad

Pancakes, Eggs, Fruit Smoothies (from fruit I frozen last week)

Meat Potato Quiche, Fruit Salad