Friday, May 31, 2019

55 Ways to Use Up Ripe Bananas

Wondering what to do with ripe bananas on your kitchen counter? I love banana recipes, so I decided to put together a HUGE list of 55 things to make with ripe bananas! (Psst! Be sure to check out our family's very favorite Freezer-Friendly Banana Bread ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

Here's what's new:

money-making-mom-300x250

55 Ways to Use Up Ripe Bananas

Wondering what to do with ripe bananas on your kitchen counter? I love banana recipes, so I decided to put together a HUGE list of 55 things to make with ripe bananas!

(Psst! Be sure to check out our family’s very favorite Freezer-Friendly Banana Bread Recipe! We also really love these Homemade Breakfast Cookies!)

55 ideas for what to do with ripe bananas

We love bananas at our house, but occasionally, life happens and it’s easy to let bananas go past their prime. Or, sometimes, I’ll find bananas marked down at the store because they are starting to get too ripe.

I’m really weird in that I prefer to eat bananas when they have some black spots on them, but the rest of my family won’t touch them once they are at the “Black Spot” stage.

When we have an abundance of over-ripe bananas, I either freeze them to use in smoothies and baking later, or I go ahead and make one of our favorite banana recipes with them.

ripe bananas on counter

What to Do With Ripe Bananas

I thought it might be fun to put together a list of some of my favorite things to make with ripe bananas!

The recipes on this list are a mixture of some of my favorite banana recipes right here on this blog, plus some other recipes I gathered from other sites that I hope to try soon.

Most of them are fairly healthful (with a few exceptions) and many of them are family favorites. Enjoy!!

homemade breakfast cookies

Breakfasts:

peeled bananas on cookie sheet for the freezer

Snacks:

homemade banana bread on a white plate

Breads:

ripe bananas on white counter

Muffins:

banana green smoothie on wooden table

Smoothies:

banana chocolate chip bars on white plate

Desserts:

What are YOUR favorite ideas for what to do with ripe bananas? Tell us in the comments!

Need to overhaul your grocery budget?
I want to help! Join my email list and get FREE ACCESS to my new eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget. Sign up now!
I want to help! Join my email list and get FREE ACCESS to my new eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget. Sign up now!

Want to take better control of your grocery budget?

Do you want to take better control of your grocery budget? If so, you’ll want to read my newest eBook, 5 Days to a Better Grocery Budget!

This eBook will give you all the tips, tricks, and practical advice you need to create a grocery budget tailored to your family’s needs that you can actually STICK to (because that’s the key!)

In this eBook, you’ll learn:

  1. How to create a grocery budget that fits your family’s needs and your finances!
  2. New systems to help you keep track of what you spend at the store!
  3. How to actually stick with your new budget and save money for years to come!
  4. Ways to save up to $50 off your grocery bill THIS WEEK by using the 10 simple strategies outlined in this eBook!

Ready to get started? Just use the form above to sign up!