Sunday, August 5, 2018

Slow Day: Week 31

Welcome to my weekly Slow Day post, inspired by Monica from The Homespun Heart. My Word for 2018 is Slow and, in the spirit of that word, I'm taking one day each week (Wednesday) off — I'll be unplugged and offline and plan to move at a slower ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

make-over-your-mornings-468-60

Here's what's new:

money-making-mom-300x250

Slow Day: Week 31

Welcome to my weekly Slow Day post, inspired by Monica from The Homespun Heart. My Word for 2018 is Slow and, in the spirit of that word, I'm taking one day each week (Wednesday) off — I'll be unplugged and offline and plan to move at a slower pace, take time to do things that refresh me, and just really focus on being present and savoring the moment.

Each week, I'll be sharing a photographic peek into my Slow Day. Enjoy a little peek into our lives!

As I mentioned earlier, we spent all last week near Mountain Home, Arkansas at Bull Shoals Lake with all of my extended family (26 people total, if I counted correctly!)

So enjoy a little peek into our day at the lake…

We all contribute to the meals when we’re together. My youngest sister plans the menu and then put together a sign-up sheet that we all signed up on. Today’s breakfast was Baked Oatmeal, courtesy of my sister-in-law.

We all stay in different cabins, but we eat our meals (and hang out a lot) in the big cabin that my parents stay in.

The girls loved getting to spend time with their baby cousins.

It was an absolutely gorgeous morning!

Silas and I went out on the boat for the afternoon.

We watched Jesse ski.

And then he knee-boarded, too.

(I also knee-boarded,  but since I’m the one who usually takes pictures, we don’t have any pictures of me. 🙂 Silas knee-boarded, too, and you can see the video and read more about that here.)

Atlas and I spent a lot of time together this past week. He’s such a cutie and I love how much he’s learning how to talk and communicate!

The chaos before dinner. 🙂

Dinner was hamburgers, hot dogs, veggies, fruit, corn on the cob, and french fries.