Sunday, July 9, 2017

What I Wore This Week (The Minimalist Suitcase Edition)

This summer, I'm taking the Get Your Pretty On Summer Style Challenge. So far, I'm loving this challenge and can't believe how much it's encouraging me to get dressed in a cute outfit every day, try some new outfit pairings, and just enjoy ...

Intentional finance. Intentional family. Intentional business.

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

Here's what's new:

grocery-university-300x250

make-over-your-mornings-worn-out-300x250

What I Wore This Week (The Minimalist Suitcase Edition)

This summer, I'm taking the Get Your Pretty On Summer Style Challenge.

So far, I'm loving this challenge and can't believe how much it's encouraging me to get dressed in a cute outfit every day, try some new outfit pairings, and just enjoy putting together looks. Plus, I LOVE the Facebook Group where women share their own variation of each day's outfit. 

This week, we’re on our 14-day East Coast Road Trip, so I am working with a very limited wardrobe and it’s all items that can pack in a suitcase, travel well, and work for lots and lots of walking and different temperatures.

Since I went to Italy and Israel for 10 days and packed in just a carry-on, it’s not too daunting for me to think of packing minimally for a 14-day trip. I drew inspiration from this 10-Day Summer Vacation Packing List and then looked in my closet to come up with what I would pack.

I decided to bring:

  • 5 tops
  • 4 pairs of shorts
  • 1 dress
  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 2 workout outfits + tennis shoes
  • PJs
  • jewelry
  • 4 pairs of shoes (I know this might seem excessive, but since we were going to do a lot of walking, I wanted to change up my shoes almost every day because I’ve found that’s easier on my feet if I don’t always wear the same pair of shoes.)

We’re using this 5-Day Packing System and so far it is working really well. I’m just mixing and matching outfits when I repack them into outfits on Laundry Day to add a little variety.

Here’s what I wore so far on vacation:

I just realized that everything I have on in this picture is from Amazon! I know I’m so weird that I order so much of my wardrobe from there, but it means I don’t have to shop. Which makes me very happy! 

Oh and Kaitlynn (our 10-year-old) did my makeup today!! I think I should let her do my makeup every day since she did a great job and it kind of felt like I was doing a fancy photoshoot to have her doing my makeup!

I love this outfit! It’s kind of a staple in my wardrobe. 🙂

Shirt: Cents of Style
Earrings: Kohl's Clearance Rack
Shorts: Stitch Fix
Shoes: Amazon

Also, Kaitlynn did my make up again today! She went for a different look and did a great job. I feel completely spoiled!

Taken at the wax museum in DC, just for fun! 

I was trying to go for a somewhat patriotic look on July 4 while using the very minimalist wardrobe I brought with me on this 14-day road trip. I borrowed Kaitlynn’s head band that she got from Dollar Tree to add some red to this outfit.

I’m not digging this outfit and don’t know that I think I can pull off the headband look without looking like Rosie the Riveter, but hey, my husband told me it looked cute. So that’s that! 😉

(White shorts would have gone better with this outfit, but I need to wash them and considering that it rained and we walked through a lot of rain and puddles, I’m glad I didn’t wear white today! See my formerly white shoes for evidence of why white shorts would have been a bad idea!)

Shirt: Cents of Style
Shorts: Stitch Fix
Shoes: Amazon

I rained this day, so I didn’t get a full outfit of the day picture before my dress was completely soaked (we forgot to bring ponchos and umbrellas).
Dress: Amazon
Shoes: Amazon

We were mostly driving this day, so I went for a really comfy casual look and paired it with flip-flops! I can’t decide whether the earrings are way too much, or whether they make the outfit look a little more put together?

Shirt: Zulily?
Jeans: Stitch Fix? (I’ve had these for forever and wear them all. the. time!)
Hat: Cents of Style
Earrings: Amazon

Yes, I wore my Be Still shirt for our day in Times Square/New York City. Because, even when it might be crazy all around you, you can still have peace in your soul and reminders to take time to savor and breathe and be grateful. I’m especially grateful for this wonderful man I get to do life with!

Shirt: Cents of Style
Shorts: Zulily Sale
Shoes: Amazon
Earrings: Kohl's Clearance Rack

(Want to see more outfits? See last week's What I Wore post.)

    
 

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.