Sunday, March 6, 2016

Where I'm Headed For the Next 10 Days (2 new continents!!)



5 pack V neck T-shirtsBy Fruit of the loom (4)

Here's what's new:

MSM-AD

make-over-your-mornings-300x250 (1)

Where I’m Headed For the Next 10 Days (2 new continents!!)

Where I'm Headed for the Next 10 Days

And the adventure begins!!

This morning, I said goodbye to my family and left on a plane headed for Italy and Israel for the next 10 days. I’m so honored to get to spend this time learning, experiencing, and soaking up the richness of story — God’s story — woven throughout history with the wonderful folks from The Museum of the Bible.

As you know, it’s my Year of Rest, which means I’m saying “no” to almost all opportunities, but this was one that Jesse especially felt strongly I should say “yes” to. So even though it’s a really long time for me to be gone from my family, we both felt that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I couldn’t turn down.

I’ve never been to Europe or Asia before, so I’m really stoked to get to go to two new continents! And I can wait to “bring you all along” and share pictures and a little peek into what I’m experiencing and learning.

I’m going to be posting daily updates on Instagram (click here to follow me there, if you’re not already) and I plan to post a few updates here on the blog about my trip, as well as possibly Periscope a few times, too (if I can get strong enough wifi!)

In case you’re wondering, my team will be running the blog like normal with deals, etc. while I’m gone. I also have some posts pre-written on various topics that we’ll be sharing, in addition to some updates from my trip!

So even though I won’t be around here as much in the comments — except for once or twice a day when I’m able to get online — you can still expect to all the usual great posts and deals and guest posts here and on social media!

Have you ever been to Italy or Israel? Any must-see attractions or things you would recommend I make a priority if I have free time while I’m there?

P.S. I was SUPER pumped that I managed to pack for 10 days in a carry-on. I’ll have to do a post on that, if it works out and isn’t a flop. (As in, if I don’t royally wish I had packed a lot more things!)

P.P.S. I’ve been reading the book, Presence, on the plane and so far, it’s SO good! Have you read it?

    
 

Gretchen’s $44 Grocery Shopping Trip and Weekly Menu Plan

IMG_0679

Aldi

1 pkg Spinach – $1.79

2 Cucumbers – $0.49 each

1 Rice Cakes – $1.29

1 Unsweetened Applesauce – $1.89

1 can Black Beans – $0.59

1 pkg Butter – $2.40

Total: $8.94

IMG_0680

Homeland

2 dozen Eggs – $0.99 each, used $0.50 Ibotta rebate – $0.74 each after rebate

2 pkg Oreos – $2.50 each, used $1/2 printable (doubled) AND $1/2 Checkout 51 rebate – $1 each after coupon and rebate

2 Musselman’s Squeezables – $2.15 each, used 2 $1/1 printable (first one doubled) – $0.65 each after coupon

1 Lunchable with 100% Juice – $2.69, used $1/1 printable (doubled) – $0.69 after coupon

Total after coupons and rebates: $4.73

IMG_0682

Dillons

1 Farmland Bacon – $3.99, used $0.75/1 coupon from the 2/28 SmartSource insert AND $0.40/1 Mobisave rebate – $2.84 after coupon and rebate

3 Kraft Cheese – $1.77 each

1 Thomas English Muffins – $1.59

2 Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls – $1.99, used 2 $1/1 coupon from the 1/31 RedPlum insert – $0.99 each after coupons

1 Lindt Chocolate Egg – $0.99, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

1 Kroger Half & Half – $2.39

2 Tennessee Pride Breakfast Sandwiches – $1 each, used 2 $1/1 printable – Free after coupons

3 pkg Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies – $1.99, used 3 $1/1 printable – $0.99 after coupons (I LOVE these and this is such a great price! I was super excited.)

1 Lunchable with 100% Juice – $1.97, used $1/1 printable – $0.97 after coupon

1 Kroger Greek Yogurt – $0.70, used Free e-coupon (no longer available) – Free after coupon

1 pkg Kroger Drumsticks – $3.73

2 Lettuce – $0.99 each

1 Green Pepper – $0.99, used $0.25 Ibotta rebate – $0.74 after rebate

1.78 lbs Bananas – $1.05

0.76 lbs Broccoli Crowns – $1.44

2 gallons Dillons Milk – $1.89 each

Total after coupons and rebates: $30.77

Total for all groceries: $44.44

Menu Plan for This Week

We still have fruit leftover from last week’s shopping trip so I will be using that up this week.

Breakfasts

Eggs, Spinach, English Muffins x 3

Cereal x 2

Cinnamon Rolls, Clementines

Breakfast Sandwiches, Fruit

Lunches

Lunchable (My son is super thrilled to try his first Lunchable this week for a special treat!), Sliced Apples

Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches, Sliced Cucumbers, Clementines

Tossed Salad Bar x 2

Baked Potatoes, Broccoli

Leftovers x 2

Dinners

Black Bean Quesadillas, Chips & Salsa, Grapefruit

Baked Chicken Drumsticks, Biscuits, Tossed Salad

Cheese Pizza, Breadsticks, Tossed Salad

Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon

Taco Pie, Steamed Peas, Fruit Salad

Chicken & Rice, Tossed Salad

Leftovers

    
 

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life

   

Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.