Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Large Family Freezer Cooking: 75 PB&J's, 60 Burritos, & 84 Muffins! and more...

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 12.20.40 PM

Banner 1 300x250 (1)

Here's What's New

:: Large Family Freezer Cooking: 75 PB&J’s, 60 Burritos, & 84 Muffins!

Freezer-Cooking-Day

Wonder if freezer cooking can work if you have a large family? Head on over to Free Homeschool Deals to see Jamerrill’s Large Family Freezer Cooking Day.

She and her kids made 75 PB&J Sandwiches, 60 Burritos, and 84 Muffins! So impressive and inspiring!

    

:: A Day In My Life {sickness, a messy closet, a horribly messy car, and all!}

A Peek Into My Day

Despite the sickness at our house today, it ended up being a good day. Here’s a play-by-play on how it went:

I slept in a little this morning since I was a little tired after a full weekend. I got up around 6:45 a.m. and went downstairs to read my Bible, write in my journal, and get my morning blogging work done.

My copy edits for my manuscript were due today, so I spent some of my blogging time tying up some loose ends with that and sending some emails to ask for some information I needed to gather.

Silas came downstairs as I was working on wrapping up my blogging time so I stopped to make breakfast for him.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.01.11 PMScreen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.01.36 PM

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.02.13 PM

I made him some oatmeal and while it was cooking, I made some fried eggs for the rest of us.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.00.58 PM

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.01.47 PM

And then I unloaded the dishwasher and put away the dishes.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.01.28 PM

Silas came back into the room all wrapped up in a blanket ready to eat his oatmeal. We were out of milk, so he used half and half instead (notice sick Kathrynne in the background. She slept in a sitting up position on the couch most of the night because she said she could sleep better that way due to how stuffed up her nose is. Poor girl!)

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.01.57 PM

I love how committed he is to getting everything done on his Daily List. First thing in the morning every morning, he asks for his list so he can get started on it! :)

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.02.07 PM

After Silas was finished with his breakfast, I helped him with his Kindergarten and then we did an abbreviated Morning Time together with Kathrynne somewhat participating from the couch.

I got some food and drinks for Jesse and Kathrynne and tried to make them as comfortable as possible.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.02.24 PM

I then got busy getting the rest of the house all picked up and presentable. Since I’d gone to bed with the house completely clean, this was quite easy.

{I just love our new mantle decor/set up. We freshened it up for the filming at our house and it makes me smile every time I look at it!}

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.02.35 PM

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.02.40 PM

I made a quick snack to take with me later when I went to the office space. I’ve found that I will eat a whole lot of healthy foods if they are all cut up and accessible. So I try to bring at least 4-5 servings of veggies/fruits with me each day as it’s a very simple way to increase my fresh produce intake with very little effort!

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.02.58 PM

I carried the laundry down since Kathrynne was sick (I told her I’d take over her chores for the day) and started a load of laundry.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.03.41 PM

I then made my bed and straightened our room.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.03.32 PM

By this time, it had been about two hours since Silas had eaten and he was hungry again so I said he could made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for himself. He struggles to keep weight on — in large part due to his asthma medication — so I am always happy to see his hearty appetite!

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.03.57 PM

I’d been dreading it all morning, but it was time… time to face this messy, messy closet! I’m not sure how the kids’ closet explodes like this on a regular basis, but it just does. They do a great job of keeping their room clean most of the time, but we’re still working on learning how to keep the closet clean, too.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.04.11 PM

20 minutes later and it was so. much. better. I had Kaitlynn and Silas help me and I talked to them about the importance of keeping their closet clean and not just throwing random things in the closet.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.04.36 PM

Speaking of throwing random things in places, I then went out to clean out the car. Oh my goodness! I knew it was bad, but I had no idea how bad it was. I almost considered not showing you these pictures because it’s quite embarrassing.

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.05.00 PM

What is that pile of junk, you may ask? Oh, just every single last thing I found in the car that didn’t belong!!

I have decided we should probably dub our car the “Traveling Trash Can” instead of “car” because it looks like that’s what we’ve been using it as recently. I’m not even going to apologize or try to explain why all those random things are in that pile… because I’m not even sure about some of them!

But suffice it to say, my car looks so much better now. And I’m hopeful that I can do a better job of keeping it that way.

Once that was finished, I got in a quick run on the treadmill in the garage, took my shower, and got ready to head out the door to the office space. Jesse told me to go ahead and go and he held down the fort for a few hours while I finished up some pressing writing and work things.

When I got home, Silas and Kaitlynn and I had a baseball game together outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather we had in Nashville today. Then we made smoothies for dinner (I’m all about quick and easy and it was what sounded good to the sick ones so I was happy to oblige!), finished a few projects, ran some more laundry, had bedtime routine, and the kids went to bed.

And now Jesse and I are going to catch an episode of Downton Abbey and then head to bed. I’m hopeful that he and Kathrynne will be feeling somewhat better tomorrow. I hate that they are so miserable!

Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 5.03.16 PM

Leave a comment & you could win this stack of books!

Just for fun, I’m giving away this stack of extra books and CDs I have — mostly extra copies that were sent to me by publishers. If you’d like to win this stack of books, just leave a comment on this post telling us what you cleaned today or something you accomplished today. I’ll choose one winner later this week.

    

Survey Spot

:: 10 Goals For This Week (+ a new category I’m adding to my weekly goals list)

10 Goals

You will notice a new category on my goals list this week — Local Ministry/Hospitality/Friendship. One of my personal desires for 2015 is to plant deep roots in our local community. I recently took on a new ministry position at our church — helping to manage the coffee bar/cafe on Sunday mornings before church — and I am absolutely loving this opportunity to be back to serving in church again!

In addition, we also recently joined a community group in our church and this has been such a blessing to our family. And finally, I started meeting with a friend for weekly accountability and prayer times.

This might seem like I’m taking on a lot in a short amount of time, but it’s something that I’ve spent months considering/praying about/paring down my life for. And because we significantly cut down on my business responsibilities and commitments heading into 2015, it’s freed up room for me to have time and  to invest in things that feed my soul in ways I’ve been longing for — like more time for deep relationships and opportunities to serve and use my gifts in our local church.

I can already tell how these things are breathing fresh inspiration, refreshment, and joy into my life. And I’m so grateful!

Last week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Continue on with our Morning Time routine.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Have a date night with Jesse.

Personal Goals

4. Exercise at least 3 times.

5. Finish at least two books.

6. Work on the Cosy Posy Ear Warmer.

7. Try one new recipe.

Business Goals

8. Write 2 substantive blog posts for next week.

9. Shoot a quick video for a project.

10. Finish the copy edits for my new manuscript.

This week's goals:

Marriage/Mothering/Homemaking Goals

1. Continue on with our Morning Time routine.

2. Write a love note to Jesse.

3. Attend the Teach Them Diligently Conference in Nashville & decide on homeschool curriculum for next year. (SO excited that our family gets to attend a homeschool conference together — it’s been awhile since I’ve been an attender and not a speaker!)

Personal Goals

4. Exercise at least 4 times.

5. Finish at least two books.

6. Work on the Cosy Posy Ear Warmer. {By the time I get this done, it’s going to be summer! I guess I can save it for next winter!}

Local Ministry/Hospitality/Friendship Goals

7. Research coffee brewers and coffee to find a better solution for our church’s cafe.

8. Invite a single young man from our community group to have dinner with our family.

Business Goals

9. Write 3 substantive blog posts for next week.

10. Put together resources list for my manuscript.

How did you do on last week's goals? What are your goals for this week? I'd love to have you share your progress on last week's goals and your goals for this coming week in the comments. Of, if you've blogged about it, leave your direct link below. Let's cheer each other on to live purposeful and productive lives! You can download a free customizable weekly goal-planning sheet here.

 

    



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.