Saturday, March 14, 2015

From Coupon Mom to Latte Mom (Or Not!)

Money Saving Mom

Survey Spot

Screen Shot 2015-01-28 at 12.20.40 PM

Banner 1 300x250 (1)

Here's What's New

:: From Coupon Mom to Latte Mom (Or Not!)

coupon mom to latte mom

Guest post from Rachael of Thriving on Thrifty

You all know the different types of moms out there. You have ones like me, the frazzled couponer or you have the “well-put together-latte mom” as I call them.

Now, if you are a latte mom, please know that I am in no way putting you down. If anything, I have a bit of the jealous monster, hence this post. I always seem to write posts on being content, I guess I do so to remind myself of this important principle…

At the grocery store the other week, I frantically ran through the aisles scouring the shelves to find the items I had strategically planned to purchase with my purse full of coupons. Generally, I am a little more put together, but this was a particularly rough day.

As my children said “Hi!” to everyone in the store from the cart, I bent down to pick up items my son had so graciously pushed off the shelves onto the floor.

I looked up from my frazzled mess to see a mom come walking by in her yoga pants and Starbucks latte. It was almost in slow motion with cool music playing in the background (as you would see in a movie). She slowly pushed her perfect hair behind her ears and flashed a beautiful smile at her 2-year-old daughter dressed from head to toe in her Baby Gap outfit. She had very few items in her cart along with a large bouquet of beautiful flowers.

All of a sudden the music stops as my son accidentally kicks me in the head and snaps me back to reality.

Of course, the jealous monster starts to rage as I wish I could be her. I start wishing I could slowly browse the aisles picking out whatever looks good and not worry about costs. I wish I could take the time to slowly sip a latte and not worry about the next stop on my “once-a-week” trip into town. I wish my children could be dressed in this season’s trendy new clothes.

But as my child flashes a smile and a quick “hi” at the next passing stranger (yes, he is very outgoing), it reminds me of everything I DO have to be thankful for.

I have two beautiful children who look just as beautiful in last year’s clearance rack as they would in this year’s fashion trends. I have a basket full of food I get to feed my family. I have been blessed with the skills and passion to coupon and deal shop for that food and their clothes (hence, getting it free or very cheap). I have a wonderful, supportive husband who allows me to be able to stay home and raise our children everyday.

What else could I possibly ask for??

And you know what? If I stick to my budget and stay a “couponing mom”, maybe, just maybe I’ll be a “latte mom” some day! On second thought, I would miss the thrill of the couponing and deal-seeking! Only time will tell, but I do know for now I’m going to enjoy my current blessings.

How have you been blessed today?

Rachael is a stay at home mom of 2 beautiful children who looks for ways to save and loves scoring freebies. She is a couponer at heart and loves to share her deal-saving tips at her blog Thriving on Thrifty. Be sure to stop by and say hello!

photo source; photo source

    



Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.